Re: Running jokes and other tom foolery

Ian C. Dengler (cargan@iname.com)
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 19:07:54 -0700

Well, what is the most necessary as a recursive (eternal return)?
1. necessity itself. That makes both eternal and return into subaxioms
2. "now"ism: here it comes again..yup, the present moment.
3. opps..there goes the past again... [Bumper sticker] Time is the best
teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students!"

----------
> From: Steven E. Callihan <callihan@callihan.seanet.com>
> To: nietzsche@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
> Subject: Running jokes and other tom foolery
> Date: Tuesday, August 05, 1997 4:19 PM
>
> CORY MCCONNELL wrote:
>
> > Thanks there John Hartmann, but I didnt come on the discussion
> >group to go off reading... I can do that anytime. And anywhere so I
return
> >to the questions. That is what counts. And to assume they have been
> >'answered" is not very ubermenschy. Tata for now. And I know Klos. very
> >well., yet my questions remain Bu thanks anyhow and when I have a chance
> >I'll take a look at yer essai.
>
> >From your original post, one can only assume that you came looking for
> answers. You are obviously not willing to look very far, however. Not
> writing a paper, by any chance?
>
> That, by the way, is a running joke on the list. Whenever anyone shows up
> with a laundry list of questions, and then goes into a huff because none
of
> them have been answered, the stock response almost always is: "Not
writing a
> paper, by any chance?" Or something like that.
>
> Another running joke: Whenever anyone posts a "What is the Eternal
Return?"
> question, the stock response tends to be: "Oh no, not that thing again!"
Or