RE: FWD: [sixties-l] Rabb Michael Lerner

From: nagy (nagy@gwu.edu)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 23:08:01 EDT

    I'm not sure if Rabbi Lerner was at the huge demonstration, but he and Prof.
    Cornel West of Harvard led a demonstration against the injustice of U.S.
    foreign policy with it's blank check for man of "Peace" Sharon in front of the
    State Department a week before the primary demonstration. I am impressed by
    Lerner's backing for the 455 IDF reservists who have made public their refusal
    of orders to go to the Occupied Territories. If memory serves, it was similar
    reservists and their supporters who finally ended Sharon's war in Lebanon in
    the early 1980s.

    Tom Nagy
    member, International Association of Genocide Scholars