Re: [sixties-l] I was a terrorist (fwd)

From: Jay Moore (pieinsky@igc.org)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 16:45:29 EST

    What facts precisely have changed about U.S. imperialism in the intervening
    years? The only difference I can see is in the greater global reach and
    hubris -- more military bases (see a good article in the current "Monthly
    Review") -- and in the particular geography -- Afghanistan instead of
    Vietnam, Colombia instead of Nicaragua and El Salvador, Venezuela instead of
    Chile, etc. And, in addition to neo-colonialism, we have a return to open
    forms of occupation and control as in Kosovo. But capitalism as imperialism
    is essentially the same. From this, it follows that our responsibility is
    exactly the same as it was in the Sixties: To uproot the System.

    Jay
    www.neravt.com/left/
    www.uvm.edu/~jmoore/