Re: [sixties-l] Lying by Deconcontextualizing-- LBJ's Tape on C-SPAN

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 23:11:02 EST

    "Running dogs" is specifically a Chinese term, which those of us who
    remember the revolutionary struggles there in the 1920s learned from
    translated Chinese political writings at that time. It has no parallel
    in Russian culture.
                    William Mandel

    --

    ======================================================== My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Creative Arts, Berkeley, 1999), was written for the general reader. However, if you teach in the social sciences consider it for student reading. It is a history of how the American people fought to defend and expand its rights in my lifetime, employing the form of the life story of one who was involved in most serious movements: labor, student, peace with the USSR, civil rights South and North, civil liberties (I seriously damaged the Senate Internal Security Committee, the McCarthy Committee, and the House Un-American Activities Committee with spectacular testimonies that may be heard/seen on my website, http://www.billmandel.net ), the RADIO OF DISSENT (37 YEARS ON PACIFICA), with very extensive information on its history) and the feminist movement, although I am male. The book contains some fifty pages on my late wife, Tanya, appearing appropriately throughout the book. They may be found in the index under Mandel, Tanya. My activities began in 1927. I am 84. The book is available through all normal sources. If you want an autographed copy, send me $23 at 4466 View Pl., Apt. 106, Oakland, CA. 94611 ========================================================