Re: [sixties-l] Lying by Deconcontextualizing-- LBJ's Tape on C-SPAN

From: Carrol Cox (cbcox@ilstu.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 21:06:48 EST

    nagy wrote:

    > I "running lacky dogs" (to use the salubrious phrase from the 60s .

    Ahem. Let's be precise in our memories. :-)

    "Lackeys and running dogs" was the phrase (copied from the Chinese).

    Incidentally, I never did know the fact behind the image of "running
    dogs"; I've always associated it with the coach dogs of aristocrats in
    the west, but I don't know what the source was in China.

    Carrol