Re: [sixties-l] Opening statements expected in trial of ex-Black Panther (fwd)

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 17:56:45 EST

    The Panthers were not Marxist-Leninists, even though the later Joseph
    Stalin and the later Huey Newton had more than a little in common.
                            William Mandel, former member, Editorial Board, SNCC's THE MOVEMENT.

    --

    ======================================================== My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Creative Arts, Berkeley, 1999), was written for the general reader. However, if you teach in the social sciences consider it for student reading. It is a history of how the American people fought to defend and expand its rights in my lifetime, employing the form of the life story of one who was involved in most serious movements: labor, student, peace, civil rights South and North, civil liberties (I seriously damaged the Senate Internal Security Committee, the McCarthy Committee, and the House Un-American Activities Committee with spectacular testimonies that may be heard/seen on my website, http://www.billmandel.net ), the RADIO OF DISSENT (37 YEARS ON PACIFICA), with very extensive information on its history) and the feminist movement, although I am male. The book contains some fifty pages on my late wife, Tanya, appearing appropriately throughout the book. They may be found in the index under Mandel, Tanya. My activities began in 1927. I am 84. The book is available through all normal sources. If you want an autographed copy, send me $23 at 4466 View Pl., Apt. 106, Oakland, CA. 94611 ========================================================