[sixties-l] Re: Residents Express Outrage Over Howard Zinn

From: Ted Morgan (epm2@lehigh.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 17:04:36 EST

    Interesting to hear Bill's report on his Hazleton, PA experience. Kind
    of fills in some gaps on how this labor-intense area I live in moved
    from the great labor militance of John L, the Molly McGuires, etc. to
    the hopelessly conservative labor bastion it now is --a very peculiar
    politics to this Pa. outsider (who's nonetheless been here for 25
    years). Our local Labor Party efforts got virtually nowhere with
    organized labor in 5 years of trying. I keep running into what seem like
    residues left over from the decades of Red Scare tactics, etc.
    Ted Morgan