[sixties-l] question about Mario Savio (fwd)

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 19:56:04 EDT

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:28:49 -0400
    From: Marian Bock <MBock@HarryWinston.com>
    To: sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
    Subject: question about Mario Savio

    8-28-01
    TO: sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu

    Dear Friends,

    Was it MARIO SAVIO who first said, "We are [We're] the people our
    parents warned us about [or against]"?

    Probably this expression will never be traced to a single documentable
    source, but if you can recall any particular instance of its use prior
    to the famous poster, I'd be grateful to know about it.

    This is for personal interest, not for publication.

    Marian F. Bock
    mbock@harrywinston.com