Re: [sixties-l] nationlet

From: wmmmandel@earthlink.net
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 14:22:55 EDT

    I was a member of the CPUSA in 1936, a member of its state committee in
    then-industrial Ohio, where the party was meaningful. Neither then nor
    at any other time did it have the strength for any decision it made to
    be disastrous for the political history of the U.S. Had it abandoned
    Roosevelt it would simply have been reduced to its present irrelevance
    half a century earlier. The attitude of the workingclass was: the
    PRESIDENT says, if he was a workingman, he'd join a union! Wow!
                                    William Mandel