Re: [sixties-l] nationlet

From: Carrol Cox (cbcox@ilstu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 20:10:46 EDT

    Jeffrey Blankfort wrote:

    > (2) what gave the movement
    > its vitality as well as it legitimacy was its recognition that when it
    > came to foreign policy there was and remains no fundamental difference
    > between the Democrat and Republican parties.

    I think it could be argued that the single most disastrous political
    error in U.S. history was the decision of the CPUSA in 1936 to support
    Roosevelt rather than maintain independence of two ruling parties. Even
    miniscule reforms are better won by independent action than by dickering
    with the dems.

    Carrol