[sixties-l] Re: garvey, sds, and doing history

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 19:41:00 EDT

    Wesley Hogan's and Carl Davidson's comments on the Garvey SDS film both have
    one of the strengths of (sometimes) SDS (and SNCC), a nondogmatic openness to
    various viewpoints. Sounds, in fact, close to believing in equality...
      Seriously (too), having been, like some others on this list I think,
    interviewed by Wesley in her study of our experiences in the movement/s, I am
    aware of the depth of her knowledge and sturdy understanding of the issues
    and of the dynamics of a movement/groups. It is good to have a post, even
    second-hand, from her on this list again.
      Paula