Re: [sixties-l] Commune leader claims rebels killed gr >

From: Jerry West (record@island.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 19:14:03 EST

    Jeffrey Blankfort wrote:

    A sad story, which on one level can be attributed to a clash of
    cultures, in which the European settlers either were unconscious of how
    their life-style would be viewed, or were conscious of the impression
    they were making and thought it to be a positive thing.

    JW reply:

    True, but, it could also be a planted piece aimed at defaming FARC or
    the reporter could have spun the story this way for some other purpose,
    or, or, or any number of things. I have seen too many twisted newspaper
    stories to not wonder what is really going on when I see stuff like
    this. Perhaps it is 100% accurate, but I wonder.

    --
    Jerry West
    Editor/publisher/janitor