Re: [sixties-l] best of abbie hoffman

From: Marty Jezer (mjez@sover.net)
Date: 11/29/00

    John,

    I've got a copy of the Best of Abbie Hoffman. Give me the quote off-line and
    I'll try and locate it for you.

    When I was researching my bio of Abbie, I made it a point to check whatever
    library I was in to see if any of his books were there. They were often in the
    card catalogue but rarely on the shelves. I asked the head librarian at the
    Brooklyn Public Library about the missing books and he laughed and said readers
    took Abbie's title literally. They had to stop ordering them.

    Marty

    At 07:44 PM 11/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
    >Re Abbie's book being missing at the Columbia Library: that's what happens
    >when you write, "Steal this Book."

    Jesse Lemisch

    Marty Jezer * 22 Prospect Street * Brattleboro, Vermont 05301

    Website <http://www.sover.net/~mjez
    Subscribe to my Friday commentary (it's free), just send me your e-mail address
    by reply