Re: [sixties-l] Re: threats now and power towers then

From: Carrol Cox (cbcox@ilstu.edu)
Date: 10/13/00

    PNFPNF@aol.com wrote:

    >    (I'm
    > not sure what I'm trying to say to people who've posted on this, here; I
    > would certainly say, though, maybe spend some of the time spent on this here
    > in, instead, trying to raise the level "out there" on the net.)

    Paula, I'm not sure what you are trying to say either. If you mean that
    anti-semites (anti-jewish anti-semites as opposed to Zionist anti-palestinian
    anti-semites) will use the crimes of Zionism as an excuse for their own
    sliminess, you are right, and we should fight that. Nothing, ever, excuses any
    kind of racism.

    Nothing ever excuses any kind of racism. And that is why we must condemn
    unconditionally the pogroms now being directed against Palestinians in their
    homeland. For Zionism is racism. The Israelis are treating the Palestinians as
    the Europeans treated the orginal inhabitants of the western hemisphere.

    There is no excuse for racism. There is no excuse for the Israeli oppression of
    the Palestinians. The issue in Israel is *not* a complex issue, any more than the
    fight against Apartheid in South Africa was a complex issue. The Palestinian
    struggle is a just struggle in every sense of the word.

    Carrol