[sixties-l] Re: debates and Horowitz and listserve

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 08:31:35 CUT

    I agree with Country Joe. Letting someone START a debate is one thing;
    letting the list spend 2/3 of its time and space on debates that are, as most
    of Horowitz's, off topic for the list, general political pronumciamentos,
    and--to be blunt--silly, is going to turn people off. Once in awhile, sure,
    especially as some folks get some very good points in. But not CONSTANTLY.
      On the other hand, let's not tear the list apart over this issue--that too
    could be a rightist goal.
      What might go far toward solving this issue is some presentation of OTHER
    issues/topics/events/etc. by other list members. For instance, it would be
    good to see more comparisons (we've had some good ones here) of sixties and
    current political thought and possibilities for organizing.
    Paula