[sixties-l] Re: [Bush, Gore, Nader

From: Tony Edmonds (00aoedmonds@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 12:35:33 CUT

    In the July 10 __Nation__, a bried squib notes that George Bush has said
    "how much he admores [Supreme Court ] Justices like Clarence Thomas and
    Antonin Scalia." Since the next president will probably nominate two new
    justices, there could be a radical and danferous shift in the court's
    majority if Bush is elected. Although I haven't looked at it yet, the
    article recommends __Courting Disaster__ for our perusal. It's at
    www.pfaw.org. I have great respect for the principled people who support
    Nader. I certainly hope they don't wind up electing Mr. Bush, with
    potentially disastrous results in the composition of the Court.

    Tony Edmonds
    Ball State University