Re: [sixties-l] Self-immolation & Vietnam memorials

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 22:22:27 CUT

    If I remember correctly, the first self-immolation was by an
    elderly German-Jewish refugee from Hitler in the United States. I
    kept her picture clipped from a newspaper pasted to my study wall
    until we moved to a retirement home last year. I'm sure someone
    can trace her name.
                                            William Mandel

    --
    To be removed from list, e-mail "Opt Out."
    You may find of interest website www.BillMandel.net