Re: Rock Groupies of 1960s (multiple posts)

(sixties-l@jefferson.village.virginia.edu)
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 11:58:30 -0500

(1)
From: "Jane Lekus" <jane.lekus@the-spa.com

"Going Down with Janis" was written by Peggy Caserta (her lover) as told to
Dan Knapp. Published by Lyle Stuart in 1973. Another choice of biography of
Joplin would be "Buried Alive" by Myra Friedman. Also 1973 - William
Morrow & Co.

Regarding the Plastercasters - I have the Nov. 1968 copy of "The Realist"
with an article "The Case of the Cock-Sure Groupies" by Ellen Sander. As
with anything by Paul Krassner, I was never certain where truth left off and
imagination began, but it sure was fun re-reading after almost thirty years!
Cynthia - let me know if you would like a copy of it .

Jane Lekus
jane.lekus@the-spa.com

(2)
From: Bill Davis <whdavis2@ix.netcom.com>

At 07:03 AM 2/23/98 -0500, Susan Brownmiller wrote:

>Surely there's been stuff written on Cynthia Plastercaster.
>
>What an interesting subject,

Forgive me if this tidbit has already been posted, but there was a
documentary film that came out in the late 60's/early 70's that featured the
Plastercasters. I am not sure if they were the central theme, or if perhaps
the Rolling Stones were, but the casters were the most memorable characters!