Re: Melanie (fwd)

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 09:04:29 -0400

Sender: GUSTAIJJ@splava.cc.plattsburgh.edu
Subject: Re: Melanie (multiple posts)

Date sent: 9-APR-1996 15:29:31
Until fairly recently, there used to be a late night talk show on CNBC
called "Real Personal." It was a talk show, hosted by Bob Berkowitz, that
dealt with sexual issues. Sometime within the last year, they did a
Sixties retrospective show, and one of the guests was Melanie. Like all of
us who grew up during the Sixties, she's older and heavier. What she has
to so with sex during the Sixties was not made clear during the show, but
she did take part in the discussion and sing a little (she had her guitar
with her).

I remember that, at the end of every show, the viewers were told that
transcripts were available from a firm called Burrelle's. If you call CNBC
, they may be able to give you the complete address, and you may be able to
get the transcript or even a videotape of the show.

Justin Gustainis
Department of Communication
SUNY-Plattsburgh>From: IN%"sixties-l@jefferson.village.virginia.edu" 9-APR-1996 13:35:32.95