Student Query: History project on Student Protests

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 11:50:06 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Judy Castle <swcastle@compunet.net>
Subject: Student Query: History project on Student Protests

Since the mail into UVA was experiencing difficulty last week, I will
re-send this message for my son, Nathan, who is 12 years old and doing a
history day project on student protests during the sixties:

My name is Nathan Castle. I'm twelve years old and in the sixth grade
and am doing a history day project on student protests during the
sixties. I am focusing on protests dealing with the Vietnam War, the
Civil Rights Movement, and protests dealing with environmental
protection issues. I am interested in getting responses from people who
participated in any sixties protests, but would really like to hear from
people who protested any of the above.

I think that putting real people's experiences as protestors during the
sixties in my history project would make it more real to students in my
school, and hopefully help us learn more in the process. I would
appreciate any responses. Thank you.

Nathan