Visitor 10 AM Monday

From: John Unsworth (jmu2m@virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 18:05:07 EDT

    On short notice (got the phone call today) I've agreed to meet at IATH at
    10 AM Monday with Judith Klavens, from Columbia, who is visiting in
    connection with a newly Mellon-funded project that uses computational
    linguistic/natural language processing techniques to extract descriptive
    metadata from textual records.

    More about the project at: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cria/climb/
    and more about Judith at http://www.columbia.edu/%7Ejlk18/

    This research has implications for digital libraries generally, and might
    also have specific applications in our project, in more than one place. If
    you're interested in meeting Judith Monday morning, would you let me know
    by email to jmu2m@virginia.edu? I'll then see whether we need a bigger
    table than the one at IATH...

    John