Australian visitors

From: John Unsworth (jmu2m@virginia.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 20:56:58 EST

    Folks,

    Paul Eggert and Phil Berrie, of the Australian Centre for Scholarly
    Editions, will be visiting us (courtesy of the Mellon "Supporting Digital
    Scholarship" project) February 15th-20th. Paul and Phil have pioneered
    "Just-in-time Markup," a version of standoff markup that permits multiple
    non-nesting markup schemes to be applied to a single underlying text. This
    work is described in a recent conference paper at:

    http://auc.uow.edu.au/conf/conf00/papers/AUC2000_Berrie.pdf

    As the schedule for the visit develops, I'll pass information along--and
    please let me know if there are dates on which you could not attend a
    public lecture, and if you are interested in meeting privately with Paul
    and Phil while they're here.

    John