[hcbook] Re: ACH/ALLC 2005

From: Daniel Pitti <dpitti_at_virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:17:25 -0500

Susan,

I am sorry for the delay in answering this. And even sorrier that we did
not talk at the TEI meeting. I am not sure how that happened, as certainly
intended to find a moment to chat and catch up. With respect to the panels,
I will be happy to participate in one or both or neither, as you, Esteemed
Editor see fit.

Regards,
Daniel

.At 01:25 PM 10/6/2004, you wrote:
>Dear Esteemed Companion Contributors,
>

>As you all know, the publication of the Companion is proceeding apace, with
>a scheduled publication date of October in the UK, and November in North
>America. In celebration of the Companion's publication, the editors would
>like to organize a panel session at the upcoming ACH/ALLC in Victoria,
>Canada (15-18 June 2005; formal sessions begin on the 16th)
><http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/achallc2005/> on the theory and pragmatics of
>Digital Humanities as surveyed by the Companion. Ideally we would like to
>have two people from each of the sections participate.
>

>Additionally, we are planning a panel discussion for the Digital Humanities
>/ Humanities Computing Summer Institute <http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/institute/>
>on Wednesday 15 June, immediately preceding the ACH/ALLC conference. Both
>panels would be informal discussions centred on your contribution to the
>Companion, as well as reflections as to how the publication of the Companion
>both formalizes and interrogates our field at this point in time.
>

>If you are planning on attending the ACH/ALLC, and would be available for
>either or both panel sessions, please let us know by emailing Susan at the
>address below.
>

>With all best wishes,
>

>Susan Schreibman
>
>Ray Siemens
>
>John Unsworth
>

>reply to: sschreib_at_umd.edu

Daniel V. Pitti, Associate Director
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
319 Alderman Library
P.O. Box 400115
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911-4115