ACH/ALLC 2005

From: Susan Schreibman <sschreib_at_umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:25:13 -0400

Dear Esteemed Companion Contributors,

As you all know, the publication of the Companion is proceeding apace, with
a scheduled publication date of October in the UK, and November in North
America. In celebration of the Companion's publication, the editors would
like to organize a panel session at the upcoming ACH/ALLC in Victoria,
Canada (15-18 June 2005; formal sessions begin on the 16th)
<http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/achallc2005/> on the theory and pragmatics of
Digital Humanities as surveyed by the Companion. Ideally we would like to
have two people from each of the sections participate.

Additionally, we are planning a panel discussion for the Digital Humanities
/ Humanities Computing Summer Institute <http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/institute/>
on Wednesday 15 June, immediately preceding the ACH/ALLC conference. Both
panels would be informal discussions centred on your contribution to the
Companion, as well as reflections as to how the publication of the Companion
both formalizes and interrogates our field at this point in time.

If you are planning on attending the ACH/ALLC, and would be available for
either or both panel sessions, please let us know by emailing Susan at the
address below.

With all best wishes,

Susan Schreibman

Ray Siemens