Re: netscape problems

John Unsworth (jmu2m@virginia.edu)
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 00:05:55 -0500

At 05:26 PM 12/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>If anyone can give me any suggestions on how to keep my netscape from
>crashing on me I would be eternally grateful. Now of all times when there
>isn't a computer to be had in the labs I can't afford not to be able to
>access the web.

Dan,

I don't know if this is it, but it sounds like it might be a problem with
the amount of cache allocated to Netscape. You need to have some free disk
(if you don't, that could be the problem), and you need, under options,
cache, to set the cache size to something less that the disk space
available. If you want to find out whether this is indeed the problem, you
could set cache to zero and see if it works better...after stopping and
starting netscape.

John Unsworth / Director, IATH / Dept. of English
http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/~jmu2m/