Re: MA on hold

From: Johanna Drucker (jrd8e@virginia.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 12:24:03 EST

    Regina,

    Well, certainly not the research ones. And we should talk soon about the
    coordinated vision of ongoing development for the MA -- with John -- and
    how we can use this time to build a foundation for a good start-up rather
    than see it as a dormant, down-time.

    Johanna

    At 11:43 AM 1/4/02 -0500, you wrote:
    >Very disappointing. Does this mean we should put fundraising efforts on
    >hold as well?
    >
    >Regina
    >
    >At 06:34 PM 12/21/01 -0500, you wrote:
    >>Folks,
    >>
    >>Since you've all been participating in the seminar to plan core courses
    >>for the MA, I thought you'd want to know that the MA is officially on
    >>hold--the College isn't able to make the commitment necessary to staff
    >>the program, under the current budget situation, so we'll be returning
    >>applications and cancelling the search for the Technology and Culture
    >>chair/director of the MA. We'll go ahead with the seminar, of course,
    >>and I'm sure that the program will enroll students before too long, but
    >>apparently not in the fall.
    >>
    >>John

    Robertson Professor of Media Studies
    University of Virginia