[adhoc] Accounts - PS

From: Harold Short <harold.short_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:38:26 +0100

For reference, I had intended to add a note about the OUP financial
year, to avoid confusion.

The LLC publication year is the calendar year from Jan to Dec. The
income and statements received from OUP in respect of the journal come
in usually in the May or early June following. This will normally mean
that we have audited subscription and income figures in time for our
conference meetings, and these are the figures we should use in our
deliberations.

As you will know, Jean has obtained agreement from OUP that she will
receive a quarterly report on subscriptions from OUP. She has asked
for an extra one in time for our meetings next week. At the same time,
it has to be said that the main use of the quarterly reports will be to
help us identify individuals who may need to be prompted about getting
their renewal in. It would also help us see if any particular
promotional activity was bearing fruit. It's not usually till the 3rd
and 4th quarter reports that we really start to get a sense of what the
final picture will be.

Best wishes
Harold

Harold Short, Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London, Strand, London WC2R 2LS
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 2739 * Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2980
Web: www.kcl.ac.uk/cch