RE: [adhoc] Re: PC chair, 2006

From: Lisa Lena Opas-Hanninen <lisa.lena.opas-hanninen_at_oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:07:54 +0300

Hi!

 Deadlines seem to have been a problem, I agree. One problem has been - for many
people I know - that the "first" deadline has come at such a time when people
have just started term and are far too busy to do anything about writing
abstracts. ANother problem (at least for some people) has been that the CFP has
gone out just at the beginning of term - when again people have not had time to
pay attention to it. This is another reason I'd like to get the CFP out BEFORE
the summer vacations. I would also like to have the deadline for submissions a
bit later but then NOT have extension upon extension - simply give people a bit
more time after the beginning of term to get around to doing something about an
abstract. Think about it.

LL