[adhoc] conference protocol vote concluded

From: John Unsworth <unsworth_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 23:24:42 -0500

Folks,

Three of four voting members have cast votes on the conference
protocol and annex, all in favor of forwarding it on for
consideration by the ACH and ALLC executive committees, and agreeing
to be bound by it in our own work on the SC, between now and its
ratification by those executive committees. The versions of those
documents that have been approved are:

http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/conf.protocol_5.05.html

http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/conf.annex_5.05.html

The comparative display of these items (on the left-hand side) as
against earlier versions (on the right-hand side) is still at:

http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/adho.conf.frame.html

Harold and Lorna, I would be grateful if you would forward this to
your respective executive committees, so that they can be prepared to
vote on it at the June meetings.

NB: there is a note at the top of the SC-recommended version of the
*governance* protocol (at http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/
ifdish_2.html) that says:

> The chair of the steering committee requests that proposed changes
> to the draft document be submitted to him, by email, before the end
> of May, so that any proposed changes can be voted on during the
> June conference, and the governance protocol can be finalized at
> that point.

Even though the end of May is now near at hand, I would encourage the
executive committees of ACH and ALLC to follow that procedure for the
conference protocol and annex as well, so that things can be
finalized at the June meetings.

If changes are recommended before the June meetings, I will
incorporate them in the online version so that both ECs can consider
and discuss and vote on them, item by item, in the June EC meetings.
It's worth pointing out, too, all three of these documents can be
ratified as they stand and still be modified in the future, according
to procedures outlined in the governance protocol (basically, minor
changes can be effected by a vote of the SC, major changes need to be
ratified by the ECs).

John