Re: [adhoc] Conference protocol

From: László Hunyadi <hunyadi_at_ling.arts.klte.hu>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 19:49:54 +0200 (CEST)

Dear All,

before giving more feedback on the conference protocol, I would like to consider what I have mentioned in previous correspondence before:

ADHO is a name suitable for "internal use", but in order to "go public", i.e. to attract participants who do not know the name, a short name would also be appropriate. So my proposal for an announcement would be:

Humanities Computing [year]. The annual conference of ADHO...

Julia had a remark earlier to use "Digital Humanities" instead of "Humanities Computing" in this connection. Either solution is fine with me, the essence is that the announcement should possibly be as informative as possible. This proposal gives room to Geoff's remark with an additional subtitle for the actual theme of a year's conference, too.

Laszlo