[adhoc] adho, draft

From: László Hunyadi <hunyadi_at_ling.arts.klte.hu>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:26:56 +0200 (CEST)

Dear All,

The draft, as it stands, has not been approved by the ALLC Committee. In particular, several issues remained open at and after the Glasgow meeting. The way I understand my present role in this steering committee, I cannot represent a not represented view of the ALLC Executive Committee I am delegated by.

All I can say is that the draft document is underspecified to the extent that (a) on the whole it does not contradict the spirit I can share, (b) it leaves many important issues open.

The issues still open are quite essential: the licence(s) of the chair and members of the steering committee and the licence(s) of the chairs and members of the subcommittees, especially with regard to the chairs and members of the respective committees of the constituting organisations. These issues need to be discussed in Victoria before the umbrella organisation becomes fully active.

If you want to count my vote as yes or no, aspect (a) of underspecification allows me to advise you to read it as yes. If you want to turn the votes into action, however, please read in my vote that no effective action can be taken prior to getting the decision of the two organisations regarding competences and licences.

Best wishes,

Laszlo