Re: grid for your inspection

From: David L. Green (david@ninch.org)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 18:22:39 EDT

    Apologies again for my own preoccupation that has kept me from
    participating so far. John's chart is the hook for getting some
    thinking going.

    So using what I take as the headings (although they seem merged wiith
    the TEI line)

    * Best Practices: "NINCH Guide to Good Practice..." "Copyright Town
    Meetings"--I've put these here for want of another definition.
    perhaps an "Issues" column. Anyway the town meetings don't define
    best practice but discuss practice and law.

    * Annual Members Meeting: NINCH FORUM

    * Consulting & Training: Copyright workshops (planned with OCLC &
    Colorado Digitization project); Good Practice Workshops
    (planned/projected);

    * Publications: ninch-announce; web site; meeting reports (Copyright
    Town Meetings; co-publish book on Creating Museum IP Policy with CHIN)

    * Prizes: none to date (although discussed)

    * Outreach: NINCH is a coalition of over 100 organizations, outreach
    and advocacy are our (missing) middle names; work particularly on
    connections between IT/CS and humanities; convenings around
    particular issues, bringing different constituencies together

    Of the desiderata: number 6 (info gathering): the NINCH Building
    Blocks project has done that (surveys of needs of humanists that IT
    can serve) and plans to build on it

    I might add as a desideratum: need for sharing expert grantwriting
    capability in this field.

    So this is a start

    David

    >OK, I've updated the list of desiderata, collapsing some duplicates
    >into one item, and indicating in brackets the organization
    >expressing an interest in each item.
    >
    >Further suggestios/elaborations/refinements are welcome....

    David L. Green
    Executive Director
    NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR A NETWORKED CULTURAL HERITAGE
    21 Dupont Circle, NW
    Washington DC 20036
    http://www.ninch.org
    david@ninch.org