Re: Nomination

From: Harold Short (harold.short@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 13:22:20 EDT

    Dear Colleagues

    Since we have no Chair to declare the process complete, I feel in a
    slightly invidious position. But since several people have concurred
    with Geoffrey's proposal and no-one has yet said 'over my dead body',
    perhaps this is an appropriate moment for me to make a response and to
    accept the nomination as gracefully as I can and to say that I'm
    willing to try to act as a co-ordinator of this discussion and of the
    work we have ahead of us.

    What I propose to do is to summarise where I think the previous
    discussion has got us, and to suggest some next steps. I'll try to do
    this in the next couple of days.

    Best wishes

    Harold

    On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 11:17 , John Unsworth wrote:

    > At 01:21 PM 9/26/2002 -0400, you wrote:
    >> Dear all, I would like to nominate Harold Short to be our Chair of our
    >> Joint AdHoc committee. I would explain in detail why I think he is
    >> suitable, but he is on the list, so I will refrain. Yours, Geoffrey
    >> Rockwell
    >

    > Any objections?
    >
    > Other votes in favor?
    >
    > I vote in favor...

    Harold Short
    Director, Centre for Computing in the Humanities
    King's College London, Strand, London WC2R 2LS
    tel: +44 (0)20 7848 2739/2684 fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2980
    www.kcl.ac.uk/cch