19.738 IBM & the humanities? extracting information from fiction?

From: Humanist Discussion Group <willard.mccarty_at_KCL.AC.UK>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 08:57:48 +0100

                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

   [1] From: "Edward Vanhoutte" <edward.vanhoutte_at_kantl.be> (23)
         Subject: IBM and the humanities

   [2] From: "Amsler, Robert" <Robert.Amsler_at_hq.doe.gov> (32)
         Subject: FW: [Corpora-List] Information Extraction from
                 Fiction: Collecting Test Data

         Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:10:35 +0100
         From: "Edward Vanhoutte" <edward.vanhoutte_at_kantl.be>

For some time now I've been trying to trace down a copy of the IBM
applications manual 'Introduction to Computers in the Humanities'
(GE20-0382-0) which was used in some computer courses for humanists
in the 1970s. Up to now I have been unsuccessful to find a copy of
that manual in libraries or through the second hand book market, even
to the extent that I start doubting the existence of this book. I
hope the readership of Humanist can help me in tracking down a
surviving copy, or supply me with a copy. Please contact me off-list.

Edward

--
Edward Vanhoutte