19.590 Digital Humanities Quarterly calls

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:09:57 +0000

                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

   [1] From: Julia Flanders <Julia_Flanders_at_brown.edu> (29)
         Subject: Call for submissions: Digital Humanities Quarterly

   [2] From: Julia Flanders <Julia_Flanders_at_BROWN.EDU> (27)
         Subject: Call for reviewers: Digital Humanities Quarterly

         Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 09:47:10 +0000
         From: Julia Flanders <Julia_Flanders_at_brown.edu>

Submissions are invited for Digital Humanities Quarterly, a new
open-access peer-reviewed journal sponsored by the Alliance of
Digital Humanities Organizations and the Association for Computers
and the Humanities. Submissions may be mailed to
submissions_at_digitalhumanities.org. A web submission form will also be
available soon.

We welcome material on all aspects of digital media in the
humanities, including humanities computing, new media, digital
libraries, game studies, digital editing, pedagogy, hypertext and
hypermedia, computational linguistics, markup theory, and related
fields. Submissions are invited in the following categories:

--Articles representing original research in digital humanities
--Editorials and opinion pieces on any aspect of digital humanities
--Reviews of web resources, books, software tools, digital
publications, and other relevant materials
--Interactive media works including digital art, hypertext
literature, criticism, and interactive experiments. A separate
detailed call for interactive submissions is also available; see
http://www.digitalhumanities.org/en//DHquarterly/InteractivemediaCall

Submissions in all categories may be in traditional formats, or may
be formally experimental. We welcome submissions that experiment with
the rhetoric of the digital medium. We encourage the use of
standards-based formats, but over time we will work to accommodate a
wider range of media types and experimental functions.

Submissions may be of any length. All submissions will be peer reviewed.

For submission guidelines, please visit
http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/guidelines/index.html.

For further information, and to contact our editors, please visit the
DHQ web site at http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/