19.292 fellowships

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:59:03 +0100

                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

   [1] From: Research <Blind.research_at_newberry.org> (27)
         Subject: Newberry Fellowships

   [2] From: "Stanley N. Katz" <snkatz_at_Princeton.EDU> (51)
         Subject: CHCI member announcement from the Stanford Humanities
                 Center

         Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:25:13 +0100
         From: Research <Blind.research_at_newberry.org>

Newberry Library Fellowships in the Humanities, 2006-07

The Newberry Library, an independent research library in Chicago,
Illinois, invites applications for its 2006-07 Fellowships in the
Humanities. Newberry Library fellowships support research in
residence at the Library. All proposed research must be appropriate
to the collections of the Newberry Library. Our fellowship program
rests on the belief that all projects funded by the Newberry benefit
from engagement both with the materials in the Newberry's collections
and with the lively community of researchers that gathers around
those collections. Long-term residential fellowships are available
to postdoctoral scholars for periods of six to eleven months.
Applicants for postdoctoral awards must hold the Ph.D. at the time of
application. The stipend for these fellowships is up to
$40,000. Short-term residential fellowships are intended for
postdoctoral scholars or Ph.D. candidates from outside of the Chicago
area who have a specific need for Newberry collections. Scholars
whose principal residence or place of employment is within the
Chicago area are not eligible. The tenure of short-term fellowships
varies from one week to two months. The amount of the award is
generally $1200 per month. Applications for long-term fellowships are
due January 10, 2006; applications for most short-term fellowships
are due March 1, 2006. For more information or to download
application materials, visit our Web site at
http://www.newberry.org/research/felshp/fellowshome.html If you would
like materials sent to you by mail, write to Committee on Awards, 60
West Walton Street, Chicago, IL 60610-3380. If you have questions
about the fellowships program, contact research_at_newberry.org or (312) 255-3666.