17.826 academic lodging in N Germany? Aramaic texts in Latin letters?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 16:49:54 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: "chk" <chk@oberlin.net> (19)
             Subject: Inexpensive short-term academic lodging in N. Germany
                     sought

       [2] From: "Yuri Tambovtsev" <yutamb@mail.cis.ru> (8)
             Subject: I wish I could get Aramaic texts in Latin lettrs

             Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:06:57 +0100
             From: "chk" <chk@oberlin.net>
             Subject: Inexpensive short-term academic lodging in N. Germany sought

    Inexpensive short-term academic lodging in N. Germany sought

    Long, long time reader of HUMANIST, and recently retired emeritus
    professor at Oberlin College in Ohio is looking for a bit of
    information on the possibility of short-term community academic or
    research lodging of some kind in northern Germany for a period of
    about three weeks or perhaps longer beginning about the first week
    of June. The point of this projected German trip is, if possible,
    to find inexpensive lodging (like a dorm room) among a group of
    German-speaking academics, or some such, where there would be the
    possibility to speak a good deal of German with tolerant
    German-speakers (to improve my German speaking ability), do a bit of
    writing, and use as a base of operations to travel around. One of
    my sons, in his mid-twenties, would be with me for maybe 10 days. I
    have no idea whether this is a utopian idea, a realistic
    possibility, or an extraordinarily uninformed thought. Any
    information on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Either a
    note to the list or to me personally would do it. Many thanks!

    - Christian Koch
    christian.koch@oberlin.edu