17.633 new on WWW: Women Writing and Reading

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 03:20:16 EST

<x-flowed>
                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

         Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:13:02 +0000
         From: Erika S <smithe2_98@yahoo.com>
         Subject: Women Writing and Reading online

Hello,

The Canada Research Chair Humanities Computing Studio
at the University of Alberta is pleased to announce
the launch of "Women Writing and Reading," a site
dedicated to an integrated and collaborative Program
for Study of Women Writing and Reading that creates
connections between different communities
(http://www.crcstudio.arts.ualberta.ca/wwr/).

WWR is currently looking for submissions to its online
magazine that concern (but are not limited to) some of
the following topics:

- What did and do women in English-language
communities read and write?
- What circumstances condition what they could and can
write and read?
- What has been and is the relationship between
women's reading and writing?
- What patterns of women's reading and writing can be
seen within and across communities, historical
periods, and cultures?

Please visit the site for more information on the WWR
magazine, and to participate on WWR's online
discussion forums.

Best,
Erika

=====
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an
invincible summer."— Albert Camus