17.227 questions on courseware

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty ) (willard@mccarty.me.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 01:14:12 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: pwillett@indiana.edu (24)
             Subject: re 17.222 questions on courseware

       [2] From: Alexandre Enkerli <aenkerli@indiana.edu> (47)
             Subject: Opening Courseware, Textbooks

             Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 06:05:44 +0100
             From: pwillett@indiana.edu

    The US Department of Defence is leading an effort to create
    an open standard for courseware objects called the "Shareable
    Content Object Reference Model" (SCORM) Initiative. You can
    read about it on the XML Cover Pages at
    <http://xml.coverpages.org/scorm.html>. Most of this is for
    migration of courseware objects between systems, but it includes
    the hope of sharing them as well.

    Perry Willett
    Main Library
    Indiana University