17.228 critical reflections on publishing

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty ) (willard@mccarty.me.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 01:13:46 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: Stephen Miller <Stephen.Miller@assoc.oeaw.ac.at> (19)
             Subject: Re: 17.223 critical reflections on publishing

       [2] From: Matt Kirschenbaum <mk235@umail.umd.edu> (17)

       [3] From: BODARD Gabriel <gabriel.bodard@kcl.ac.uk> (37)

             Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 06:04:54 +0100
             From: Stephen Miller <Stephen.Miller@assoc.oeaw.ac.at>

    > Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:36:23 +0100
    > From: Norman Hinton <hinton@springnet1.com>
    > >
    >I trust Professor Corre realizes that putting his publications entirely on
    >the WEB means that they may disappear without a trace in a few years.

    A point which is further developed in:

    "Institutional Repositories: Essential Infrastructure for Scholarship in
    the Digital Age"
    by Clifford A. Lynch, Executive Director, Coalition for Networked Information
    ARL Bimonthly Report 226 / February 2003

    http://www.arl.org/newsltr/226/ir.html

    Stephen Miller

    Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
    Austrian Academy Corpus
    Sonnenfelsgasse 19/8, A-1010 Wien, Austria.

    Tel. +43-1-51581-2280 Fax +43-1-51581-2339
    WWW http://www.oeaw.ac.at/~litgeb/