16.575 E-Poetry 2003 festival

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 03:46:04 EST

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 07:48:30 +0000
             From: "Charles Baldwin" <Charles.Baldwin@mail.wvu.edu>
             Subject: Reminder: E-Poetry 2003 Festival

    E-Poetry 2003

    An International Digital Poetry FestivalWest Virginia University, Morgantown
    April 23-26, 2003

    Inquiries and proposals may be sent to the organizers at the e-mail
    addresses below. All participants must register to attend E-Poetry 2003 by
    April 8, 2003. Registration and information are available at the E-Poetry
    2003 Website: http://epc.buffalo.edu/e-poetry/2003/

    It is our pleasure to announce E-Poetry 2003: An International Digital
    Poetry Festival, the second event in the acclaimed E-Poetry series
    inaugurated in Buffalo in April 2001. E-Poetry is a series, directed by
    Loss Pequeo Glazier from the University at Buffalo, which provides an
    artist and practitioner-oriented series of events in the spirit of some of
    the early poetry festivals, such as the Vancouver Poetry Festival, 1963,
    and the Berkeley Poetry Conference, 1965. The series allows artists the
    opportunity to engage the state of their art and to advance its
    possibilities through dialog, performance, and peer interaction.

    We are doubly pleased to announce the host institution for this year's
    event, West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV. In collaboration with
    E-Poetry 2003's co-director, Sandy Baldwin, we are planning a rich and
    varied three and a half days of digital poetry, conversation, and
    artist-oriented scholarship, in the inviting setting of West Virginia.
    E-Poetry 2003 extends the frontiers opened with E-Poetry 2001, adding
    numerous new voices and engaging new visions to the festival. This year's
    focus is on the "poetry" in "E-Poetry".

    Please mark your calendars and plan to attend this event! Morgantown is 5
    hours from Buffalo, 1 hour from Pittsburgh, 3 hours from Washington DC, and
    5 hours from New York City. We recommend you find the best airfare
    available to Pittsburgh.

    Plan to join us in Morgantown to celebrate this next articulation of the
    potentials of E-Poetry!

    Loss Pequeo Glazier, E-Poetry Director (glazier@buffalo.edu)
    Sandy Baldwin, E-Poetry 2003 Co-Director (charles.baldwin@mail.wvu.edu)

    Loss Pequeo Glazier, Dept. of Media Study, SUNY Buffalo and Sandy Baldwin,
    Dept. of English, West Virginia University

    Co-sponsored by the Electronic Poetry Center (SUNY Buffalo) and the Center
    for Literary Computing (WVU)

    Sandy Baldwin
    West Virginia University
    Assistant Professor of English
    359 Stansbury Hall
    304-293-3107x452
    Coordinator of the Center for Literary Computing
    203 Armstrong Hall
    304-293-3871
    charles.baldwin@mail.wvu.edu
    www.clc.wvu.edu