16.052 new on WWW: EMLS, Humbul, Ubiquity, CIT Infobits

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 07:24:47 EDT

       [1] From: Sean Lawrence <seanlawrence@writeme.com> (47)
             Subject: New issue of Early Modern Literary Studies

       [2] From: Michael Fraser <mike.fraser@computing- (34)
                     services.oxford.ac.uk>
             Subject: My Humbul - embed our records in your web pages (fwd)

       [3] From: ubiquity <ubiquity@HQ.ACM.ORG> (12)
             Subject: Ubiquity 3.15

       [4] From: Carolyn Kotlas <kotlas@email.unc.edu> (21)
             Subject: CIT INFOBITS -- May 2002

             Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:52:24 +0100
             From: Sean Lawrence <seanlawrence@writeme.com>

    Early Modern Literary Studies is pleased to announce the publication of its May
    issue. The table of contents appears below; the journal can be accessed free
    online at http://www.shu.ac.uk/emls/emlshome.html

    The September issue will be a special issue on the topic of Gold, but the
    journal continues to welcome submissions in all areas of early modern
    literature.

    Articles:

    "Trevor Nunn's Twelfth Night: Contemporary Film and Classic British Theatre."
    Nicholas R. Jones, Oberlin College.

    "Surpassing Glass: Shakespeare's Mirrors." Philippa Kelly, University of New
    South Wales.

    "Common-words frequencies, Shakespeare's style, and the Elegy by W. S." Hugh
    Craig, University of Newcastle, New South Wales.

    "New Sects of Love: Neoplatonism and Constructions of Gender in Davenant's The
    Temple of Love and The Platonick Lovers." Lesel Dawson, University of Bristol.

    Professional Note

    "An Online Index of Poetry in Printed Miscellanies, 1640-1682." Adam Smyth,
    University of Reading.

    Reviews

    Valerie Traub, M. Lindsay Kaplan, and Dympna Callaghan, eds. Feminist Readings
    of Early Modern Culture: Emerging Subjects. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1996.
    Martine van Elk, California State University, Long Beach.

    Ewan Fernie. Shame in Shakespeare. London and New York: Routledge, 2002. Jerry
    Brotton, Royal Holloway, University of London.

    Cyndia Susan Clegg. Press Censorship in Jacobean England. Cambridge: Cambridge
    UP, 2001. Michael Ullyot, University of Toronto.

    Helen Hackett. Women and Romance Fiction in the English Renaissance. Cambridge:
    Cambridge UP, 2000. Carrie Hintz, Queens College / CUNY.

    Theatre Reviews:

    Twelfth Night, performed by the Company of Shakespeare's Globe at the Middle
    Temple Hall, London, February 2002. David Nicol, University of Central England.

    Othello. Adapted for television by Andrew Davies. Lisa Hopkins, Sheffield
    Hallam University.

    Richard III. Directed by Michael Grandage at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield,
    13 March - 6 April, 2002. Annaliese Connolly, Sheffield Hallam University.

    The Taming of the Shrew at the Nottingham Playhouse, February-March 2002. Chris
    Hopkins, Sheffield Hallam University.

    Macbeth. Northern Broadsides, directed by Barrie Rutter. At the West Yorkshire
    Playhouse, Leeds, April, 2002. Lisa Hopkins, Sheffield Hallam University.

    Camb & Fenland Springshax 2002. Michael Grosvenor Myer.

    Dr Lisa Hopkins
    Reader in English, Sheffield Hallam University
    School of Cultural Studies, Sheffield Hallam University, Collegiate Crescent
    Campus, Sheffield, S10 2BP, U.K.
    Editor, Early Modern Literary Studies: http://purl.oclc.org/emls/emlshome.html
    Teaching and research pages:
    http://www.shu.ac.uk/schools/cs/teaching/lh/index.htm