14.0569 biographastry

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 12/19/00

       [1]   From:    "Kristine L. Haugen"                                (13)
                     <klhaugen@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
             Subject: Re: 14.0565 biographastry?

       [2]   From:    "Fotis Jannidis" <fotis.jannidis@lrz.uni-           (18)
                     muenchen.de>

             Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:18:14 +0000
             From: "Kristine L. Haugen" <klhaugen@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>

    The most suggestive thing I've read is Celia Gittelson's novel 'Biography'
    (Knopf, 1991)--the writing is exceptional, and the book is, as Professor
    O'Donnell has stipulated, gorgeously nervous about the whole topic.  The
    story starts as a prospective biographer runs an ad in the New York Review
    of Books asking for information on a semi-well-known dead poet; a number of
    things, inevitably, happen.

    Kristine Haugen
    Kristine Louise Haugen
    Princeton University