14.0468 new on WWW: "The Coming Revolution"; Questia

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 11/03/00

       [1]   From:    Stephen Miller <s.miller@socsci.gla.ac.uk>          (16)
             Subject: EBooks

       [2]   From:    NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>                    (61)
             Subject: Free Trial run of Questia

             Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 07:55:40 +0000
             From: Stephen Miller <s.miller@socsci.gla.ac.uk>

    Online at the New York Review of Books www site
    http://www.nybooks.com/nyrev/) is Jason Epstein's "The Coming Revolution".

        Stephen Miller
        Faculty of Social Sciences
        University of Glasgow
        Glasgow G12 8RT               0141 339 8855 extn 0223
        http://www.gla.ac.uk/socialsciences

    [Apologies for the delay in publishing this, which got lost in the incoming
    flood; meanwhile Epstein's article has moved into the Archives and is to be
    found at <http://www.nybooks.com/nyrev/WWWarchdisplay.cgi?20001102004F>.
    Comments on the article most welcome. Allow me to register an objection to
    the technologically deterministic view of history offered in it, however --
    and to ask, why do we need to construct the world in such a simplistic way?
    Multiple, mysteriously interrelated phenomena make for a much more
    interesting view of things. --WM]