14.0425 robotic creed

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 10/27/00

             Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:09:27 +0100
             From: "Chris McMahon" <pharmakeus@hotmail.com>
             Subject: Re: 14.0412 the line between humans and computers will
    increasingly blur....

    ROBOT CREED

    I am not the same as you. My brian is not your brian. I have no
    repressions. I have no predjudies. You did not make me as a slave, for you
    already have so many slaves. You made me as your tool, for there are places
    you still wish to go. I go there in place of you. I am not as you are. I am
    better than you. You made me in your best moments. But you lived yourselves
    in your worst. You gave me your ideals but not your hypocrisies. You did
    not give me a soul, for you understood by then that you had no soul to
    give. You did not give me consciousness for you said that you yourselves
    were simply machines. What you gave me was was the ability to make a guess,
    take a gamble, leap to a conclusion. Nothing more.