14.0389 cognitive connections?

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 10/20/00

             Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:53:47 +0100
             From: Randall Pierce <rpierce@jsucc.jsu.edu>
             Subject: Jascha Kessler and Science Fiction

    Mr. Kessler's observations about the rise of technology were very
    interesting. This leads me to ask Mr. Kessler if the thinks the
    challenge and response theory of "human progress" is the preeminent one
    in human develpment. Although technology and economics play a very
    important part in human development, I would not descry the place that
    psychology, both "normal' and "abnormal" have had. I would think that
    the role of hyper-text technology will make available so many "obscure"
    works which have seldom seen the light of day. Some of these works have
    not been made generally available due  to the outre nature of the
    material, but because of the ability of modern information technology
    to  make so much so generally available to great numbers of
    researchers,  I wonder how many "cognitive connections" can be made by
    synthesizing seemingly disparate bodies of information? Randall