13.0394 XML corpus encoding standard; AIO statistics available

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 09:39:26 CUT

       [1] From: "Nancy M. Ide" <ide@cs.vassar.edu> (16)
             Subject: XML Version of the Corpus Encoding Standard

       [2] From: David Zeitlyn <D.Zeitlyn@ukc.ac.uk> (55)
             Subject: AIO Statistics for 1999

             Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:30:43 +0000
             From: "Nancy M. Ide" <ide@cs.vassar.edu>

                                ********
                                  XCES
                                ********

               XML version of the Corpus Encoding Standard

                              BETA RELEASE

                      http://www.cs.vassar.edu/XCES

    We are pleased to announce the availability of a Beta release of XCES,
    which instantiates the Corpus Encoding Standard (CES) DTDs for
    linguistic corpora endorsed by the Expert Advisory Group for Language
    Engineering Standards (EAGLES). XCES was developed by the Department
    of Computer Science, Vassar College, and Equipe Langue et Dialogue,
    LORIA/CNRS.

    The current version includes a set of XSL stylesheets for cesDoc
    documents. We are in the process of developing stylesheets for cesAna
    and cesAlign documents.

    We appreciate feedback on XCES. Please contact Nancy Ide
    (ide@cs.vassar.edu) or Patrice Bonhomme (bonhomme@loria.fr).