13.0134 history of book production? text-analysis papers?

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:14:11 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (7)
Subject: statistics on the history of book production and
consumption

[2] From: Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel@mcmaster.ca> (18)
Subject: Text Analysis Papers

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:50:56 +0100
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>
Subject: statistics on the history of book production and consumption

>> From: "Prof. Roly Sussex" <sussex@lingua.arts.uq.edu.au>

I am looking for figures on the numbers of titles and copies published
during the first 300-400 years of printing, and estimates of the
effects of printing on literacy. I seem to remember seeing something
of this nature in a recent study of the effects of IT on the printed
book .. can anyone help, please?

Roly Sussex
The University of Queensland