12.0488 Magellan-like software

Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:30:00 +0000 (BST)

[1] From: Christian Wittern <chris@ccbs.ntu.edu.tw> (12)
Subject: RE: 12.0479 software? scanning Fraktur?

[2] From: Leo Robert Klein <lk13@IS2.NYU.EDU> (17)
Subject: Re: 12.0479 Query: Magellan-like Windows software?

Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 08:25:09 +0000
From: Christian Wittern <chris@ccbs.ntu.edu.tw>

You might want to look at "Search & Replace" at www.funduc.com

Christian

Dr. Christian Wittern
Chung-Hwa Institute of Buddhist Studies
276, Kuang Ming Road, Peitou 112, Taipei, TAIWAN

Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 08:25:27 +0000
From: Leo Robert Klein <lk13@IS2.NYU.EDU>

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, James J. O'Donnell wrote:

I routinely use MSWORD for this--can't do ZIP files though. LEO

> I am looking for a Windows program that will do the same job that the DOS
> based Lotus Magellan program did, namely to locate a term in a file, and at
> the same time (and unlike Windows Find) will show the file itself and the
> term in context, with a list of other files that also contain the term.
> These in turn can be looked at from within Magellan. Also Magellan was able
> to read ZIP files and many other formats.

Leo Robert Klein 151 E. 25th St., rm. 524
Web Coordinator & New York, NY.10010
Digital Resources Developer Tel.: (212) 802-2373
William & Anita Newman Library Fax: (212) 802-2360
Baruch College/CUNY Email: leo.klein@nyu.edu

home :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://pages.nyu.edu/~lk13
office :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu

Humanist Discussion Group