12.0055 images & the visual imagination

Tue, 2 Jun 1998 21:55:04 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (42)
Subject: The Getty Information Institute's new Arthur Image
Search System

[2] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (45)
Subject: computer art degrees -- for all?

[3] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (94)
Subject: Two Web sites: Book Arts Web; Investigating the
Renaissance

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 17:55:39 -0500
From: David Green <david@ninch.org>
Subject: The Getty Information Institute's new Arthur Image Search
System

NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
June 1, 1998

FEEDBACK REQUESTED ON NEW IMAGE SEARCH SYSTEM: ARTHUR
<http://www.gii.getty.edu/arthur/>

>Date: Thu, 28 May 98 11:31:29 PDT
>From: april@vaneyck.Gii.Getty.EDU (April Brown)
>To: lacn-list@lacn.org
>>Cc: april@vaneyck.Gii.Getty.EDU
>
>Try the Getty Information Institute's new Image search system:
>
> Arthur (http://www.gii.getty.edu/arthur/)
>
>Arthur is a demonstration project currently under development
>in the Getty Information Institute's Technology Research & Development
>group. Arthur uses the AMORE (http://www.ccrl.com/amore/) image system,
>developed by NEC USA, Inc. to index and search the images and text
>of nearly 600 selected websites.
>
>Your feedback is really helpful to us. Please let us know what
>you think. Use the Comments link on the search page or e-mail
>directly to arthur@gii.getty.edu .
>

>April Brown
>Technology Research & Development
>The Getty Information Institute

David L. Green
Executive Director
NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR A NETWORKED CULTURAL HERITAGE
21 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington DC 20036
www-ninch.cni.org
david@ninch.org
202/296-5346 202/872-0886 fax

See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>.